TEXAS CONNECTIONS IN BREEDERS’ CUP RACES
Friday, November 6
$125,000 Nyquist S. 2-Year-Olds, 6 ½ f.
- Saffa’s Day (KY) at 7/2 – trained by Steve Asmussen
- Twilight Blue (KY) at 10/1 – owned by Carl R. Moore Mgmt LLC (Carl R. Moore)
$125,000 Songbird S. 2-Year-Old Fillies, 6 ½ f.
- Joy’s Rocket (FL) at 9/2 – trained by Steve Asmussen
$150,000 Bryan Station S. 3-Year-Olds, 1 1/8 mile Turf
- Spanish Kingdom (KY) at 15/1 – owned by Wayne Sanders & Larry Hirsch
- Fighting Seabee (KY) at 10/1 – owned by Walking L Thoroughbreds LLC (Scott Leeds)
$150,000 McConnell Springs S. Fillies & Mares 3-Years-Old & Up, 6f
- Bye Bye J (AR) at 7/2 – trained by Steve Asmussen
- Harmless (KY) at 30/1 – owned by Agave Racing Stable (Mark Martinez)
$200,000 G2 Thoroughbred Aftercare Alliance S. 3-Year-Olds & Up, 1 5/8 mile
- Tenfold (KY) at 5/1 – trained by Steve Asmussen
$1-million G2 Breeders’ Cup Juvenile Turf Sprint 2-Year-Olds 5 ½ f.
- County Final (KY) at 15/1 – trained by Steve Asmussen
- Cowan (KY) at 8/1 – trained by Steve Asmussen, owned by Bill & Corinne Heiligbrodt and partners
- Amanzi Yimpilo (IRE) at 15/1 – owned by CJ Thoroughbreds (Corey & CJ Johnsen), Susan Moulton and Marc Detampel
$2-million G2 Breeders’ Cup Juvenile Fillies 2-Year-Olds 1 1/16 mile
- Thoughtfully (KY) at 20/1 – trained by Steve Asmussen
G1 TVG Breeders’ Cup Juvenile Presented by Thoroughbred Aftercare Alliance
Colts & Geldings 2-Year-Olds 1 1/16 mile
- Jackie’s Warrior (KY) at 7/5 – trained by Steve Asmussen, owned by J. Kirk & Judy Robison
- Calibrate (KY) at 20/1 – trained by Steve Asmussen
- Camp Hope (KY) at 30/1 – owned by Walking L Thoroughbreds LLC (Scott Leeds)
$150,000 Lafayette S. Presented by Keeneland Select 3-Year-Olds & Up 7f.
- Engage (KY) at 4/1 – trained by Steve Asmussen
$125,000 Qatar Fort Springs S. 3-Year-Old Filllies 6f.
- Ain’t No Elmers (KY) at 10/1 – trained by Bret Calhoun
- Regal Beauty (KY) at 20/1 – trained by Bret Calhoun
- Wicked Whisper (KY) at 5/1 – trained by Steve Asmussen
$1-million G1 Breeders’ Cup Filly & Mare Sprint 3-Years-Old & Up 7 f.
- Sally’s Curlin (KY) at 20/1 – owned by CJ Thoroughbreds (Corey & CJ Johnsen), Left Turn Racing (Mike Schnell) and Casner Racing LLP (Bill Casner)
$1-million G1 Breeders’ Cup Turf Sprint 3-Year-Olds & Up 5 ½ f.
- Just Might (KY) at 30/1 – owned by Griffon Farms (Robert Griffon) & Michelle Lovell
$1-million G1 Big Ass Fans Breeders’ Cup Dirt Mile 3-Year-Olds & Up
- Mr. Money (KY) at 20/1 – trained by Bret Calhoun
- Silver Dust (KY) at 30/1 – trained by Bret Calhoun and owned by Tom Durant
$2-million G1 Breeders’ Cup Sprint 3-Year-Olds & Up 6 f.
- Echo Town (KY) at 20/1 – trained by Steve Asmussen
- Empire of Gold (KY) at 30/1 – trained by Terry Eoff and owned by Terry Eoff & Johnny B. Evans
- Yaupon (KY) at 7/2 – trained by Steve Asmussen and owned by Bill & Corinne Heiligbrodt
- Manny Wah (KY) at 30/1 – owned by Susan Moulton
$6-million G1 Longines Breeders’ Cup Classic 3-Year-Olds & Up 1/1/4 mile
- By My Standards (KY) at 10/1 – trained by Bred Calhoun
Best of racing luck to all!
SUPPORTS THE RIGHT HORSE
The Horse Industry Escrow Account (HIEA) is designed to foster the growth of the Texas horse industry – an important element of growing our industry is doing so responsibly by strengthening programs that support owners with horses in career transition. This year, TTA utilized a portion of HIEA funding to support The Right Horse Initiative, which focuses on increasing horse adoptions in the US. Recent data from The Right Horse Initiative show an increase of 16 percent in 2020 for horse adoptions. Check out findings related to work being done for horses in transition here https://bit.ly/34S7j5p. More information on The Right Horse Initiative can be found at https://therighthorse.org/.
BOARD OF DIRECTORS ELECTION
TTA Board of Directors Election ballots were mailed out to all TTA members on November 2. TTA members will elect 5 At-large directors and a Central Region director to serve 3-year terms from January 1, 2021 – December 31, 2023.
At-large incumbents are George Bryant, Corey Johnsen, Susan Moulton, Brent Savage and Doug Smith. At-large opponents are Ken Burton, Tamarra Chambers, and Kathy Davis.
Brant Schafer is the incumbent Central Region director and will run against Mike Burleson.
Please note: There is an error in the contact information in election biographies for Board Candidate Mike Burleson, who is a candidate for the Central Texas Region. The correct contact info is: Phone: 512.659.0865; Email: firstname.lastname@example.org; Mailing Address: 2002 N Davis Ave, Cameron, TX 76520.
BALLOTS MUST BE RECEIVED NO LATER THAN DECEMBER 15th, so you are encouraged to return them as soon as possible. Ballots will be tabulated in the TTA offices in Buda, Texas on December 18 by staff and directors who are not up for re-election, following protocol for local Texas county election tabulation. If you would like to participate as an observer, please contact the TTA office at 512.458.6133.
RACEHORSE OWNERS AND TRAINERS PREP CLASS
Dr. C. Reid McLellan will be holding another edition of the popular “Racehorse Owners and Trainers Prep Class” on November 19-22 at Lone Star Park with a special discount for TTA and TQHA members.
The class is designed for owners and aspiring trainers, as well as licensed trainers for continuing education, and it covers the business of racing horses and the rules of racing. It is also beneficial for those adopting racehorses off the track. Get more info at www.purplepowerracing.com or call 859-321-4377.
NOTES: Nomination forms for the Texas Thoroughbred (Sales) Futurity, Texas Stallion Stakes for foals of 2019 and 2020, and the forms to nominate stallions to the Texas Stallion Stakes for the 2021 breeding season will mail out next week with a deadline of December 31st…December 31 is also the deadline to accredit foals of 2019 at the $200 member rate and to accredit foals of 2018 at the $750 member rate. ATB and race nomination forms are also available on the TTA website at www.texasthoroughbred.com. Please direct any questions to Amber Doege in the TTA office at 512.458.6133 or email@example.com.