SHRP TRAINING SCHEDULE CHANGES
Due to freezing temperatures forecasted starting on Sunday night, track management has announced the following changes to the training schedule:
Sunday, December 31: Training available from 7am to 10 am. This was a scheduled dark day.
Monday, January 1: No training. Scheduled dark day.
Tuesday, January 2: No training. Wintry mix forecasted.
Wednesday, January 3: Training from 9am to 12pm (pending track conditions).
If the forecast is accurate and temperatures are in the 20’s for an extended period, there are tentative plans to cut water to the backside on Monday starting at 3:30pm.
ATB’S IN WEEKEND STAKES
Durocher (Niagara Causeway – Trench Cat) will compete in Saturday’s $75,000 Tropical Park Derby Stakes for 3-year-olds going a mile and a sixteenth on the turf at Gulfstream Park. Bred by La Bahia Stud, the colt now races for Sterling Racing LLC, John Herzberg and Michelle Allan. Durocher finished 3rd in the $125,000 Claiming Crown Emerald Stakes on December 2nd. He has odds of 20-1 for this race.
REMINDER: DECEMBER 31 DEADLINES
1) December 31, 2017 is the deadline for accrediting yearlings (foals of 2016) at the TTA member rate of $200 ($250 for non-members). The fee to accredit foals of 2016 AFTER December 31, 2017 but before December 31, 2018 is $750 for TTA members ($800 for non-members).
2) Be sure that mares that will foal in Texas in 2018 are Texas accredited and that ATB race fillies have been converted to breeding stock before they foal to automatically be eligible for ATB breeder awards. You may email the mare’s name to me and I will verify the status. The fee to accredit a mare before she foals is only $75. NOTE: If a mare is not accredited before she foals, the only way to be eligible for ATB breeder awards on that foal is to pay a supplemental mare accreditation fee in the amount of $150 during the year of foaling.
1) Nominate eligible foals of 2017 to the Texas Stallion Stakes Series for $100.
2) Nominate eligible foals of 2016 (not previously nominated) to the Texas Stallion Stakes Series for $500.
3) Nominate foals of 2016 that passed through the ring at the 2016 Texas Summer Yearling & Mixed Sale or the 2017 Texas Summer Yearling & Mixed Sale and foals of 2016 that are consigned to and pass through the ring at the 2018 Texas Thoroughbred 2-Year-Old in Training Sale, as well as any Accredited Texas-bred foals of 2016 nominated via original consignor or buyer berth to the 2018 Texas Thoroughbred Sales Futurity ($100,000 est. per division).
The two divisions of the TTA Sales Futurity will be the only 2-year-old stakes races run at Lone Star Park in 2018.
4) Nominate accredited stallions that will be standing in Texas in 2018 to the Texas Stallion Stakes for the 2018 breeding season.
Remember: Foals by stallions nominated to the Texas Stallion Stakes for the season in which those foals were conceived need not be foaled in Texas to be eligible for the Texas Stallion Stakes Series.
All deadline dates are email, fax or postmark dates.
Forms are available at http://texasthoroughbred.com/texas-bred/forms/.
2018 TEXAS 2-YEAR-OLD SALE
If you have not sent in your consignment form for the 2018 Texas 2-Year-Old Sale, please do so as soon as possible and be aware of the need to nominate consigned horses to the 2018 TTA Sales Futurity (see #3, above).
NOTES: The TTA office will be closed on Monday, January 1 in observance of the New Year holiday.