ATB’S IN WEEKEND STAKES
Will Kari’s homebred stakes winner She’s Pretty Lucky (Lookin at Lucky – Pretty Amusing) is in a full field of 3-year-old fillies going a mile and a sixteenth on the turf in the $75,000 Tropical Park Oaks at Gulfstream Park on Saturday.
Trained by Eddie Kenneally, she has a career record of 11-4-0-2 with $154,208 in earnings, and has been given odds of 30-1.
END OF YEAR TAX DEDUCTIBLE CONTRIBUTIONS
Please consider donations to these worthy 501C3 organizations:
The Paddock Foundation – Dedicated to the Lifelong Welfare of the Thoroughbred Horse
Horseracing is a truly thrilling sport, the “Sport of Kings.” Fans come for the excitement, the glamor, the beauty, and the horses. The horses are the centerpiece of the sport, powerful athletes with glossy coats, pricked ears, flaring nostrils, keen, intelligent eyes. Every day, thousands of thoroughbreds answer the bugler’s call. They go and run with all they have and more. But there can only be one winner in any given race.
Many go on to run other races on other days. Some end up winning. Some end up on breeding farms. What about the others? The Paddock Foundation’s goal is to answer that question.
The Paddock Foundation is a non-profit corporation with a mission to support and advance the care of Thoroughbred racehorses after their racing careers by supporting rescue, retirement, rehabilitation, retraining and rehoming.
The Paddock Foundation participates as a financial supporter of other approved 501C3 organizations that provide hands-on care, training and rehabilitation for Off-Track Thoroughbreds. We host Roses to Ribbons horse placement events at each Class 1 Texas racetrack, post stories on social media highlighting activities and opportunities for Off-Track Thoroughbreds (OTTBs) as well as stories of their successful transitions to other careers or companion animals.
We invite you to partner with us in this noble cause. Contributions of any size are welcome and will be used to further the goals of The Paddock Foundation.
Texas Thoroughbred Educational Fund
Having a dream…setting goals…working hard…reaching higher…
You can help a young Texan on the road to success with a donation to the Texas Thoroughbred Educational Fund, a non-profit 501C3 Charitable Organization established to provide grants and awards to benefit TTA members and their children to further their educational opportunities. These promising newcomers to the Thoroughbred industry are a product of our proud Texas heritage and deserving of our commitment. Won’t you invest in the future of Texas with a tax-deductible gift today?
Contributions for either organization should be sent to 192 Cimarron Park Loop, Suite A, Buda, TX 78610.
DECEMBER 31 DEADLINES
1) December 31, 2018 is the deadline for accrediting yearlings (foals of 2017) at the TTA member rate of $200 ($250 for non-members). The fee to accredit foals of 2017 AFTER December 31, 2018 but by December 31, 2019 is $750 for TTA members ($800 for non-members).
1) Nominate eligible foals of 2018 to the Texas Stallion Stakes Series for $100.
2) Nominate eligible foals of 2017 (not previously nominated) to the Texas Stallion Stakes Series for $500.
3) Nominate foals of 2017 that passed through the ring at the 2017 Texas Summer Yearling & Mixed Sale or the 2018 Texas Summer Yearling & Mixed Sale and foals of 2017 that are consigned to and pass through the ring at the 2019 Texas Thoroughbred 2-Year-Old in Training Sale, as well as any Accredited Texas-bred foals of 2017 nominated via original consignor or buyer berth to the 2019 Texas Thoroughbred Sales Futurity ($100,000 est. per division).
4) Nominate accredited stallions that will be standing in Texas in 2019 to the Texas Stallion Stakes for the 2019 breeding season.
Remember: Foals by stallions nominated to the Texas Stallion Stakes for the season in which those foals were conceived need not be foaled in Texas to be eligible for the Texas Stallion Stakes Series.
All deadline dates are email, fax or postmark dates.
Forms are available at http://texasthoroughbred.com/texas-bred/forms/.
NOTES: The TTA office will be closed on Tuesday, January 1st. We wish everyone a Happy and Successful New Year!