Investing in the future of Texans
Having a dream…setting goals…working hard…reaching higher…
The Texas Thoroughbred Educational Fund helps place young Texans on the road to success by providing grants and awards to benefit Texas Thoroughbred Association members and their children and further their educational opportunities. More than $366,000 has already been awarded through the TTEF.
These promising newcomers to the Thoroughbred industry are a product of our proud Texas heritage and deserving of our commitment. Donate to the Texas Thoroughbred Educational Fund using the following form:
TTEF Donation Form
TTEF grants will be awarded as follows:
- Current personal or parental membership in the Texas Thoroughbred Association, with beginning membership date at least one year prior to application deadline for educational grant.
- Applicant must have been a full-time Texas resident for at least one year prior to application deadline for education grant.
- (1) All current high school seniors or GED graduate equivalent, (2) high school graduate or GED graduate equivalent currently enrolled (or planning to enroll) in a post-high school collegiate or other training program.
- There is no age limit for applicants.
- To be used for education at any accredited Junior College, 4-year University, Post-graduate Degree Program, or other accredited or state-recognized industry/training program.
- Transcripts from previous schools attended.
- Three letters of recommendation: one from an adult member, one from a teacher or school counselor, and one from any other adult. Letters may not be from relatives of the applicant.
- Essay submission on topic to be announced.
- Official progress reports shall be required each semester from all recipients.
- A personal interview may be requested.
Payment of Grants
- Educational grants will be paid directly to educational institution prior to beginning of each semester and designated for the benefit of the recipient. Payment of grants for second semester is dependent upon student being in good academic standing and submitting required documentation.
- Educational grants shall be effective only when recipient is enrolled as a full-time student (as defined by the institution to which the student is enrolled) beginning with the fall semester.
- Applicant may apply for a renewal of grant received. Renewal grants will be based on continuing financial need with acceptable grade transcripts, and availability of funds.
- Applications must be requested IN WRITING from the Texas Thoroughbred Association office at the following address: Texas Thoroughbred Association, 192 Cimarron Park Loop, Suite A, Buda, TX 78610. All applications, transcripts, essays and letters of recommendation MUST BE RECEIVED BY FEBRUARY 15, 2021 in order to be considered for grants awarded in spring 2021 for the 2021 – 2022 school year. Incomplete applications or applications received after that date WILL NOT be eligible for consideration. It is the sole responsibility of the applicant to insure that all materials are received on time.
- Applications and other materials may be mailed to: Texas Thoroughbred Association, 192 Cimarron Park Loop, Suite A, Buda, TX 78610.
- To the extent it is possible, the information disclosed in this application will be held in the confidence of the TTEF.
- The grant recipient must present to the TTEF, in person or via essay, an explanation of what was gained, personally and/or professionally, with the assistance of this grant.
- Names, photos and information about grant recipients may be used in publications, advertisements and/or public relations materials released by the Texas Thoroughbred Association.
- Awarding of this grant depends solely on availability of funds and receipt of applications considered deserving of support by the TTEF. All awards are made at the sole discretion of the TTEF and may be withheld or discontinued at any time. All promises of grant for a particular year will be considered binding on the TTEF following notification of the recipient in writing, providing that all further requirements are met by the applicant.
When returning the application, please be sure to include the following:
- completed application form
- typewritten essay
- copy of your most recent official transcript
- three letters of recommendation
- copies of tax returns
Incomplete applications will not be considered.
The Texas Thoroughbred Educational Fund (TTEF) is pleased to announced the following recipients of scholarships for the 2020-21 school year:
The TTEF also funds an annual scholarship through the Texas 4H Youth Development Foundation.
Congratulations to all the recipients, many thanks to all our donors, and most especially to Mr. Will Farish and Mr. Danny Keene.
TTEF BOARD OF DIRECTORS:
Bill Tracy – President; Jackie Rich, DVM – Vice President; Megan Tracy Petty, DVM – Secretary Treasurer; Taylor Bunn, Barry Conrad, and Charles Graham, DVM.