TEXAS CONNECTIONS IN UPCOMING STAKES
Delta Downs – Today:
$70,000 Lookout Stakes: Karl Broberg will saddle 7/2 Dale’s Lil Sis (LA). The mare is owned by End Zone Athletics, Inc. (Karl Broberg and Matt Johnson).
Delta Downs – Saturday:
$70,000 B-Connected Stakes: Sarah Delaney trains 12/1 Queeten (LA) for owner Anthony Faulk; and Karl Broberg trains 7/2 Double Barrel Man (LA) for G K Racing LLC (Gary Knight).
Fair Grounds – Saturday:
$75,000 Pan Zareta Stakes: Ronald Ortowski is a partial owner of 20/1 Miss Bigly (KY).
$75,000 Pago Hop Stakes: Highlander Training Center (Larry Hirsch) owns 12/1 Summer in Saratoga (KY).
Santa Anita – Saturday:
$100,000 (Gr.3) Robert J. Frankel Stakes: Dallas Keen trains 6/1 Curlin’s Journey (KY).
$300,000 (Gr.1) Malibu Stakes: Susan Moulton owns 8/1 Manny Wah (KY).
$200,000 (Gr.2) Mathis Brothers Mile Stakes: Bart B. Evans owns 15/1 Never Easy (KY).
Sunland Park – Saturday:
$65,000 KLAQ Handicap: J. Kirk and Judy Robison own 4/1 Secular Nation (KY); and Roy Gene Evans owns 6/5 favorite Chief Cicatriz (KY).
$100,000 New Mexico Racing Commission Handicap: J. Kirk and Judy Robison own 6/1 African Heat (NM).
Fair Grounds – Sunday:
$100,000 Louisiana Futurity (Filly Division): Bret Calhoun with send out 12/1 Lady Be Gone and 8/1 Lizzy’s Star; Steve Asmussen trains 4/5 favorite Vacherie Girl for Bill and Corinne Heiligbrodt. Susan Moulton owns 8/1 Sing the Song.
$100,000 – Louisiana Futurity (Colt/Gelding Division): John A. Adams owns 6/1 Luckenbacher.
Turfway Park – Tuesday:
$75,000 Prairie Bayou Stakes: Jerry Namy owns 10/1 Royal Mesa (KY).
Best of luck to all!
DECEMBER 31 DEADLINES
1) December 31, 2019 is the deadline for accrediting yearlings (foals of 2018) at the TTA member rate of $200 ($250 for non-members). The fee to accredit foals of 2018 AFTER December 31, 2019 but by December 31, 2020 is $750 for TTA members ($800 for non-members).
2) Be sure that mares that will foal in Texas in 2020 are Texas accredited and that ATB race fillies have been converted to breeding stock before they foal to automatically be eligible for ATB breeder awards. You may email the mare’s name to me and I will verify the status. The fee to accredit a mare before she foals is only $75 (TTA member rate). NOTE: If a mare is not accredited before she foals, the only way to be eligible for ATB breeder awards on that foal is to pay a supplemental mare accreditation fee in the amount of $150 (TTA member rate) during the year of foaling.
RACING DEADLINES – December 31, 2019 is the deadline to:
1) Nominate eligible foals of 2019 to the Texas Stallion Stakes Series for $100.
2) Nominate eligible foals of 2018 (not previously nominated) to the Texas Stallion Stakes Series for $500.
3) Nominate foals of 2018 that passed through the ring at the 2018 Texas Summer Yearling & Mixed Sale or the 2019 Texas Summer Yearling & Mixed Sale and foals of 2018 that are consigned to and pass through the ring at the 2020 Texas Thoroughbred 2-Year-Old in Training Sale, as well as any Accredited Texas-bred foals of 2018 nominated via original consignor or buyer berth to the 2020 Texas Thoroughbred Sales Futurity ($100,000 est. per division).
4) Nominate accredited stallions that will be standing in Texas in 2020 to the Texas Stallion Stakes for the 2020 breeding season.
Remember: Foals by stallions nominated to the Texas Stallion Stakes for the season in which those foals were conceived need not be foaled in Texas to be eligible for the Texas Stallion Stakes Series.
All deadline dates are email, fax or
postmark dates.NOTES: Live bidding in the TTA’s online auction of
2020 stallion breedings is now over. Any
stallions not sold may be purchased at the stated minimum bid price on a
first-come, first-served basis. Contact
Mary Ruyle at 512.458.6133 to purchase…Coming soon! Watch for details about a very
special offer for new or renewing TTA members…The TTA office will be closed on
Wednesday, January 1st.